Optimise Combustion Efficiency
Burn low quality heavy fuel oils
HOW MUCH SO3 DO YOU GENERATE?
In processes where H2SO4 is used or ore with large amounts of sulphur is processed, the SO3 monitor can measure SO4 2- ions and show emission as mg/Nm3 or ppm.
The Pentol SO3 monitor has been designed to meet a wide range of measuring requirements.
• 1 - 200 ppm SO3
• Flue gas temperature up to 400°C
(up to 550°C with special probes)
• The instrument is portable and suitable for long-
and short-term measurements
• The unit is auto-calibrating in a user defined cycle
• An optional RS232 connector allows to log
measurements on a laptop
The Pentol SO3 monitor is based on a wet-chemical process.
The gas sample is measured by means of a heated probe. In the probe head, the sample is cooled down and diluted in a mixture of isopropanol and water. The SO3 condenses and reacts to sulfuric acid in liquid phase, eliminating all problems related due to insufficient heating known from manual measurements.
The sample is then transported to the instrument by the peristaltic pump and reacts with bariumchloranilate, colouring the sample according to the SO3 concentration. The concentration is then measured with a photometer that can be calibrated automatically.
This procedure allows to measure repeatedly and very accurate directly in the plant or in laboratories.
How much SO3 do you generate?
Pentols portable SO3-analyzer allows the on-line monitoring and recording of emission:
- limit acid discharges to the environment
- burn fuel in the most efficient way to minimise corrosion of the plant
Read our brochure SO3 Monitor. Learn more about the wide range of measuring possibilities
Would it work for you?
Ready to see for yourself?
Do you have questions? — We have answers
+49 (0)7624 300-0
What can be optimized?
Things we need to know for processing.
How continuous SO3 Monitoring can reduce sorbent consumption
Read article in PowerMag
Water-in-Oil Emulsion Technology
- Optimise Combustion Efficiency
- Burn low quality heavy fuel oils
Anti Slagging Coal Additive
- Clean combustion chamber and super heater
- Increase heat transfer efficiency
Increase ESP efficiency
- Reduce solid emission, reduce dust load on your FGD plant
- Increase whiteness of the gypsum
Equipment and Service
- Generate exact ammounts SO3/air mixture
- or other gases like CO2, NOx for laboratory use
Development and Support
- PENTOL is specialized in manufacturing
- magnesium oxide with hight reactivity